Community Complaint Form Button

The Barlow recognises that from time to time there will be concerns and subsequent complaints from local residents. The school takes significant strides to ensure that relationships between the school, its students and local residents are positive and harmonious, this includes:

  • Members of staff on duty in neighbouring streets after school closes to students;
  • A Senior member of staff managing community concerns.

Who and When to Contact?

Anti-Social Behaviour

If you are affected by antisocial behaviour in the local community then you should call the police on their non-emergency telephone number -101.

Inform the police that you wish to report antisocial behaviour that you think is being caused by students and report everything to the person that you are speaking to. Please give specific details such as:

  • Who or how many people are involved in the situation
  • What do the people involved look like
  • Where is the situation taking place
  • What time did the situation start and finish
  • What exactly happened

Where an officer is called out and it is confirmed that those involved and responsible are Barlow students, a report will be written up and this will be passed on to the school's Senior Leadership Team. They will then notify the appropriate member of staff and necessary action will be taken.

If the matter is an emergency, you should call them in the usual manner, using 999.

Contacting The Barlow

The Barlow RC has a central point for the reporting of community issues involving our students. If you would like to discuss an issue relating to a student at The Barlow please contact the school to make a report on 0161 445 8053.

A senior member of staff will assess the situation and ensure that the appropriate response is arranged, including contacting you back, in order to reach a satisfactory outcome.